The SSPEED Center was formulated based on a core faculty participant team. Each member brings a unique talent to the Center, and many of the involved faculty has worked together on related evacuation and flooding projects in the region.
- P.B. Bedient, Center Director, Rice University
- H.S. Rifai, Co-Director, University of Houston
- J. Granato, University of Houston
- J. Padgett, Rice University
- J.H. Pardue, Louisiana State University
- B. Wolshon, Louisiana State University
- G. Wells, University of Texas at Austin
- C. Dawson, University of Texas at Austin
- J. Benavides, University of Texas at Brownsville
- C. Lewis, Texas Southern University
- S. Brody, Texas A & M University, College Station
- F. Olivera, A & M University, College Station
- B. Merrell, A & M University, Galveston
- B. Seitz, A & M University, Galveston
Our Private and Government Partners include:
- Houston Galvestion Area Council
- Texas Medical Center
- Vieux and Associates, Inc.
- Walter P. Moore
- Dodson and Associates, Inc.
SSPEED Center UH has established partnerships with the Weather Research Museum, Bayou Preservation Association, and the Galveston Bay Foundation. We continue to build relationships with other entities, either non-profit or private, that have a vested interest in our topics of research and education.